Search
Filters
Thursday, June 21, 2018 1:19:47 PM

Hooking up throttle on 302/'51 project

11 days ago
#4052 Quote
Hi, I'm new to the forum; I have a '51 sedan with a flathead 6 and 3 spd. manual trans.  I'm swapping in a '68 302 and AOD combo and I've only got a couple of items left that I haven't worked out yet.
First thing is- can anyone tell me what I need parts-wise to hook up the throttle cable and TV cable to a Holley 4 bbl. carb.?
And second- what would be the best bet for a donor driveline?
Thanks in advance folks!
11 days ago
#4053 Quote
I'm putting a 302 with a Holley into a '50 wagon, and am using a firewall-mount throttle with a cable linkage from Lokar. I'm also using a Lokar kickdown cable from the C4 trans and their combination carburetor bracket to hook both of them up to the carb. On my last project I tried to modify/fabricate the stock pedal and linkage to work with a 4BBL Edelbrock and took forever and never worked very well. Lokar is spendy, but everything just bolts right in and works right.
11 days ago
#4054 Quote
On the driveline, I put in a differential from a 1996 Ford Explorer that has disc brakes, and shortened the driveshaft to fit. The Explorer diff is an 8.8" and is beefy and much cheaper than a 9". I paid $150 for it. I also needed 3/4" wheel spacers on each side to get the track width correct. You'll need to weld on new spring perches, but the stock shoebox cable emergency brakes work on the Ford discs - bonus.
6 days ago
#4070 Quote
I have reused the original gas pedal and hardware that was used for a six cylinder.  49 Ford.  See my photos on the 1949-1951 Ford Shoebox Forum.    Hope this helps.  Good luck.