Search
Filters
Wednesday, May 23, 2018 5:59:30 AM

Front suspension bumpers 1951 Club Coupe

16 days ago
#4007 Quote
My parents helped me out by buying me these:

http://shoebox-central.com/1949-1950-1951-1952-ford-lower-control-arm-rubber-bumper-bump-stop

to replace the old one and one that went off into the universe upon hitting a pothole.

My question, before jacking up the car and rolling around on the floor trying to figure it out, is:  how are these installed?  Is there a blind nut/threads on the A-arm, or do I need to find a nut and washer?

Thanks in advance!
16 days ago
#4008 Quote
The bumper looks like a cone the small end sticks upward and the
larger end has a stud that goes threw a hole in the arm Ass'y. with
a 3/8 24 lock nut on it . Hope this helps wrs50ford Southern Wisconsin
16 days ago
#4009 Quote
Thanks, Wayne!

That was the info I needed.

Now...I need the right nuts...
16 days ago
#4010 Quote
Dave The best reference book that I have is the 1949-1952 Passenger Car
Chassis Parts and Accessories Catalog it breaks most everything
down so you can tell how things go together wrs50ford Southern Wisconsin
15 days ago
#4011 Quote
I just bought a copy of that catalog thanks Wayne.............  my dads doing pretty good we've made 4 car shows and he sits by car and he is the talker he loves it.
15 days ago
#4012 Quote
I have noticed when it comes to bolts and nuts sometimes you are on your own. like shock bolts or rear motor trans mount. I just pull bolt out and go to hardware store and get it or a bolt supply store. I always ask shoe box first but sometime even they may not have a good one. Napa has been helpful , I would have probably taken the other side off and took it to get  nuts and bolts.............. that'll be great thing about the catalog ill know before I even jack it up. that is helpful believe me my 49 is lowwwwww.
15 days ago
#4013 Quote
Thanks again, I don't have a copy of that book yet (more shopping!!), so grabbing all of this "free" info is great for me.

I had thought of disassembling the passenger side and taking a peek, but, I usually work "harder not smarter" and am trying to do the opposite this time. haha!

Thanks again everyone.
15 days ago
#4014 Quote
Dave I never mind helping a fellow shoeboxer out . wrs50ford Southern Wisconsin