Search
Filters
Sunday, April 22, 2018 6:59:03 PM

1951 Magic Air heater

one month ago
#3957 Quote
I am installing a 1951 factory original heater and have been unable to determine what the metal tube that protrudes from the top of the heater core enclosure is for, and how, or if it is connected. Thanks for any insight others might provide.
one month ago
#3959 Quote
If it is what I think you are talking about it is for the defroster. Sam
one month ago
#3960 Quote
Thanks for your reply Sam. Actually I am asking about the much smaller tube which is about 3/4" and located on the top of the heater box and is just above the core inlet and outlet tubes which protrude from the back of the box. I can't seem to post a picture unfortunately. This feature is not on some of the earliershoebox  heaters.
one month ago
#3961 Quote
I checked all of the illustrations from 1949 to 1957 and can not find anything. It may be possible but not likely it is some sort of aftermarket item. Sorry couldn't help.  Sam
29 days ago
#3962 Quote
The heater is not an after market unit. There is an illustration in the 1949-50-51 Ford Book "A Restorer's Guide"  it is on page 5-17 fig 5-11. I  wish I had some idea of how to post a picture.I  did miss-state the location of the tube in question. It is on the top of the case, but it is over the fan intake corner of the case.
29 days ago
#3963 Quote
William; Went out and looked at my heater box in my 1950 found the
round tube your talking about the (automatic temp reg.)
part # 18502 mounts over the top of that tube . It seams hot air must
come out form that tube and flows over the valve.
Hope this helps 50ford Southern Wisconsin
29 days ago
#3964 Quote
Ah!! That makes sense. Thanks for your trouble.
29 days ago
#3965 Quote
William ; No trouble that's what we do here. wrs50ford Southern Wisconsin