Search
Filters
Close
Wednesday, June 28, 2017 5:34:19 AM

Project Update

one month ago
#2455 Quote
I've looked at wheels at coker, in a OEM wheel to run my hubcaps I can only find 15x5 with 3" bs. If anyone knows of others I'd like to know.
Greg
one month ago
#2456 Quote
I am away from the project right now so I cannot remember my wheel specs and such..but I do believe I have stock 15 inch rims and the standard beauty rings and hub caps.  Is your 50 lowered?
one month ago
#2457 Quote
Here's a couple more pics detailing the improvements in the headliner...old versus new...  (I will admit when I was disassembling this car and saw how bad things were under the headliner, flooring, etc., I wondered if I should just keep disassembling and send it to the scrapper...but once I started putting the car back together...well, you see what happened!

one month ago
#2458 Quote
Ron my car is not lowered, it may have "settled" a little but nothing has been done to it. My stock wheel measures 15x5 with 3" bs. With the sectional width being over a inch wider on the 205/75R/15 v/s the 670/15 changing tires might be my only option.
Greg
one month ago
#2459 Quote
Not jacking your thread but here's mine.

Greg
one month ago
#2460 Quote
I like it!  What's the truck in the background?
one month ago
#2461 Quote
Greg wrote:
Ron my car is not lowered, it may have "settled" a little but nothing has been done to it. My stock wheel measures 15x5 with 3" bs. With the sectional width being over a inch wider on the 205/75R/15 v/s the 670/15 changing tires might be my only option.

I see.  I wondered about the radial tire width but having driven my other Ford with radials (no power steering) there was no way I was going with radials...too hard to turn at slow speeds!  I think these tires are "bitchin'" and everybody loves the (correct) wide whitewalls!
one month ago
#2462 Quote
I had P205/75/R15 97S Radial narrow wws put on my `50 Coupe.  The wheels are standard Ford chromed with baby moons.  The front has 3" dropped spindles and the back has lowering blocks.  Ford fender skirts on the rear.  The skirts had to be trimmed a bit to keep tires from rubbing.  Added front discs, booster and Tremec-5 Speed.  Drop me an email at Paparoxs@yahoo.com for pics.
one month ago
#2463 Quote
That's my 70 GMC, its been about 18 years since the restore. I'm going with the bias-ply tires on my 50 also, Firestone and bfg tires have the correct overall height of around 28 1/4 so my speedometer will be correct, with the 205 tires its about a 1/2 a tenth or so fast when checking mile markers.
Greg
one month ago
#2466 Quote
Nice to see those tidy interiors guys , my '51 goes into the shop in four days time for new headliner, door cards and footwell panels.