Search
Filters
Close
Monday, April 24, 2017 4:26:14 AM

Reinstalling Overdrive cable.

5 days ago
#2416 Quote
Is there access through the floor to connect cable? Also the used cable has only 4" pull instead of 5" they call for.
5 days ago
#2418 Quote
Sir, The OD cable goes through a hole in the Firewall.  Open the hood and look at the driver's side fresh air vent.  There are two holes in the firewall directly under the horizontal seam that joins the Firewall to the Cowl.  The holes are on either side of the vent higher than the vent.  Looking at the steering wheel the hole on the left is for the speedometer cable.  The whole on the right is for the OD cable.  Feed the cable from the inside of the car to the OD cable bracket by the transmission.  To make sure your OD cable is the correct length get one from Tom, our host.
4 days ago
#2420 Quote
Thank you Gary. The problem i am having is attaching the cable through the bolt on the transmission lever. I also had to punch the firewall hole to the right of the speedo cable and this was an overdrive car from factory. An indentation was there to know where to punch it out.
3 days ago
#2423 Quote
remove the cover over the transmission tunnel inside the car.You will see the arm for the overdrive cable.
3 days ago
#2425 Quote
Good deal thank you Except I will have to pull up carpet that looks like its glued down. Rats!